new bullet for my valentine

Black, Death & Heavy Metal + anything similar Rock etc....

Moderators: Moderators, Music Moderators

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

new bullet for my valentine

Post by metal_dave » 24 Jan 2008, 19:50

http://www.myspace.com/bulletformyvalentine

i like it, i think. some of the vocals and lyrics are gay as fuck. nice drums i think.

under_a_serpent_sun
Amoeba With Mates
Amoeba With Mates

Re: new bullet for my valentine

Post by under_a_serpent_sun » 24 Jan 2008, 22:54

sigh

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 25 Jan 2008, 12:58

didn't see that coming.

Web Of Piss
Wannabe Snail
Wannabe Snail

Post by Web Of Piss » 02 Mar 2008, 01:03

Having heard the whole of the new album it's a quantum leap forward from what they were doing, although the Metallica and Megadeth influences are horribly obvious.
Take care of each other out there. everyone here is my brother, let's make sure everybody goes home safe. Alright, let's stomp some heads.
- Scott Vogel

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 02 Mar 2008, 08:19

Web Of Piss wrote:Having heard the whole of the new album it's a quantum leap forward from what they were doing, although the Metallica and Megadeth influences are horribly obvious.

agreed and agreed. not as obvious as with trivium though.

Joeclem
Wannabe Slug
Wannabe Slug

Post by Joeclem » 09 Mar 2008, 13:00

sometimes matt tuck sounds exactly like hetfield, especially when he says the word 'inside' on 'Deliver us from Evil'. its like james is there. having said that id bum Bullet and Trivium so i care not. and i think this album is just plain lovely.

all_against_all
Wannabe Slug
Wannabe Slug

Post by all_against_all » 26 Mar 2008, 20:50

The first 20 seconds of the latest track on their myspace sounds alot like Sylosis to me. But then it goes super-gay as i knew it would. Never been a fan of BFMV and their pseudo heavy metal stylings are embarrassing. They dress like a 90's American nu metal band in their promos, it's shameful.
I'm sorry but i think they're horrendous. I'm not even sorry actually. Did anyone see them review singles in Rocksound? They criticised everything to fuck then when their own single was on, said it sounded like Metallica (ironic really) and said it was amazing and gave it 9 out of 10. Any other band would do the decent thing and have a sense of humour, and say how dreadful they thought (their own) track was. Cunts.

MattEvenIfItKills
Slug
Slug

Post by MattEvenIfItKills » 27 Mar 2008, 10:41

They're rubbish! Their popularity actually irritates me.

And I'm a sucker for cheesey rock music.

Plus - their bassist looks like the biggest cock ever!

all_against_all
Wannabe Slug
Wannabe Slug

Post by all_against_all » 27 Mar 2008, 17:29

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 27 Mar 2008, 18:11

yeah you're right, they look a bit silly so they must be shit.

Web Of Piss
Wannabe Snail
Wannabe Snail

Post by Web Of Piss » 27 Mar 2008, 18:32

all_against_all wrote:The first 20 seconds of the latest track on their myspace sounds alot like Sylosis to me. But then it goes super-gay as i knew it would. Never been a fan of BFMV and their pseudo heavy metal stylings are embarrassing. They dress like a 90's American nu metal band in their promos, it's shameful.
I'm sorry but i think they're horrendous. I'm not even sorry actually. Did anyone see them review singles in Rocksound? They criticised everything to fuck then when their own single was on, said it sounded like Metallica (ironic really) and said it was amazing and gave it 9 out of 10. Any other band would do the decent thing and have a sense of humour, and say how dreadful they thought (their own) track was. Cunts.

They've always had an arrogance problem, I remember Caren Gibson from Kerrang (now with Metal Hammer) giving them a pure verbal kicking on the Kerrang forums basically saying they gave it the big un the whole time they were interviewed and basically pulled cunt's tricks that would have shamed Axl Rose.

I still stand by what I said about the music having taken a leap forward, although the cynic in me is saying they only started busting out the thrash moves because it seems to be getting popular again.
Take care of each other out there. everyone here is my brother, let's make sure everybody goes home safe. Alright, let's stomp some heads.
- Scott Vogel

all_against_all
Wannabe Slug
Wannabe Slug

Post by all_against_all » 27 Mar 2008, 18:51

metal_dave wrote:yeah you're right, they look a bit silly so they must be shit.

Glad you agree!

But seriously, i just think musically they are terrible, and they are trying very very hard to look and play the part of a FUCKING HEAVY METAL BAND WOO YEAH GIVE ME THE METAL HORNS IVE GOT CHAINS AND A TATTOO!
They come across as extremely arrogant in interviews, and judging by the ginger beards, they don't all naturally have jet black hair, dying it black constantly is a bit.. meh. And it's at a gay length, they've had enough time to go beyond the shoulder but are hopping between looking 'metal' and looking a bit 'emo' they sure don't want to alienate either crowd.
It would appear Dom Lawson's review in Metal Hammer is just what i think about it but i can only find a few quotes i can't be 100% on. This debate won't go anywhere, but never has a band annoyed me as much as Bullet For My Valentine. Not even BMTH, i think....

metal_dave
Snail God
Snail God

Post by metal_dave » 27 Mar 2008, 18:54

there you go again with the appearance issues.

personally i think they're pretty decent musicians who've made some decent songs. they're nothing special, and they might be a bit arrogant, but i certainly couldn't give a shit about their hair.

all_against_all
Wannabe Slug
Wannabe Slug

Post by all_against_all » 27 Mar 2008, 19:30

We can all go "oh i don't care how they dress only what the music is like" but everyone takes a band's appearance into account when forming an opinion on a band, subconsciously or otherwise.
That promo photo just about sums up how image driven a band they are, they look like a heavy metal boyband ffs! They are just trying so hard to be a 'proper' heavy metal band like Metallica in their heyday, whereas in fact everything about their music and appearance is finely crafted to sell thousands of records and have the kids lap it up.
They weren't a million miles away from FFAF a year or two ago (complete with wimpy name), they are just jumping on a bandwagon imo.
WMP just went from Meshuggah to Metallica whilst i was writing this, and 'Blackened' is in my mind proving how wussy BFMV are comparatively.

lcfmademedoit
Snail
Snail

Post by lcfmademedoit » 28 Mar 2008, 14:24

The singer had a full page picture of just his face, and he was wearing sunglasses in the pic. Wasn't even outside.

That's pretty gay i feel.
'Don't laugh Lynn, you've broken your neck'

phillip_banks
Snail
Snail

Post by phillip_banks » 29 Mar 2008, 17:18

Awful, awful band. And even if I could take them seriously, their music is just cringeworthy. Came on the telly last night when me and the lass were getting jiggy and I had to turn it off 'cos I kept laughing.

JimmyBlind
Snail
Snail

Post by JimmyBlind » 01 Apr 2008, 15:50

They're enough to put anyone off their vinegar strokes coop.
Regards,

Jim

THOM
Snail With Mates
Snail With Mates

Post by THOM » 05 Apr 2008, 18:10

lcfmademedoit wrote:The singer had a full page picture of just his face, and he was wearing sunglasses in the pic. Wasn't even outside.

That's pretty gay i feel.

Haha I saw this, pretty amusing!

LoneWolfVIII
Wannabe Amoeba
Wannabe Amoeba

Post by LoneWolfVIII » 01 Aug 2008, 01:41

phillip_banks wrote:Awful, awful band. And even if I could take them seriously, their music is just cringeworthy. Came on the telly last night when me and the lass were getting jiggy and I had to turn it off 'cos I kept laughing.

Haha yerr they are pretty crap lol can't believe skindred were supporting them

there much better!

LoneWolfVIII